Re: what do you think that fps audiogames missed?

I think one of the biggest things that draws me to a game like RTR as opposed to the other FPS's is how fast and easy it is to get going. You just log onto a server and you are ready to go in no time. The newer fps's that try and focus on long term setup already struggle with lots of balancing issues. When you combine that with the idea of having a persistent inventory, things get hard to keep balanced really fast. Then you end up with situations where new players are trying to fight accounts that have been building up an inventory for months, and no one is having fun. (That's not even to mention how 95% of the weapons are never used, because they have no advantage over the sniper rifle or whatever that does 50000 damage and one shots everyone) There's nothing wrong with keeping it simple. Simple works. (Hence why I still choose RTR)