Re: An Opportunity May Be Just Around The Corner...

@Mirage, I'm ready for it to go nowhere.  When you learn to settle for expecting the worst you can be pleasantly surprised when you get the best.  Do I believe any of these projects are worth investing time, effort and other resources into?  Absolutely!  Will I be let down if I end up failing in the sense that none of them ever get produced?  Nah, because I know I'm shooting for tall orders where these are concerned, given a few things.
1.  I've played many games in my 32 years of being alive.
2.  I've read twice that many books.
3.  I've watched almost as many movies.
4.  Trying to fit all of my ideas alongside the ideas of others into one, two or even three games is still an unrealistic idea.
5.  It is my belief that in order for something to become any kind of good reality, it has to start off as a spectacularly fantastic dream or vision at the very least before you can knock it down to the level of realistic.
For everyone else, I say all of the above to say this; even if I were to spell out exactly what I want in this post, on this topic, anywhere else on the forum or even on the net, what I would end up with is obviously going to be waaaay less than what I write out in print.  In theory, everything sounds beautiful; in practice it doesn't always work out that way.  Am I tentatively testing the waters?  You bet.  Am I being exceptionally guarded about precisely what I have in mind?  Guilty.  In the end, this is going to be a matter of mutual trust between everyone who collectively decides to work with myself, Nightshade and others.  The devs/programmers have to trust we have direction and purpose, that we plan to stick to this and we aren't just going to pull the plug on it when things get difficult or we hit stretches where it seems like we're getting nowhere, that we're going to give credit where credit is do, and that we're going to deliver on every promise, financial or otherwise  that we make.  We, in turn, have to trust that they know what they're doing, that they know how to do it, that they won't bail in the middle of troublesome times, and that they won't make demands higher than are necessary or take advantage of our lack of knowledge when it comes to their fields of expertise.  From my perspective I feel like we have more to lose, but that's biased and I know that because I'm not a dev.  A dev/programmer reading this could likely say the same.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : nightshade via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : nightshade via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : nolan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Nocturnus via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : JayJay via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Lucas1853 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : GrannyCheeseWheel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Nocturnus via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Mirage via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Nocturnus via Audiogames-reflector