Re: Game Experience Survey

@mayana, I sort of interpreted the "others", referred to in the survey meaning characters in the game's world, IE persons other than the protagonist, but being as the game didn't particularly do a good job at making you empathise with those others apart from on a general level, there wasn't much to say, so most of my answers there were in the negative, because yes, having Caroline kidnapped by random evil dudes did sort of make me want to rescue her, because that is how those stories work, but it didn't really make me consider "her", specifically as a person as opposed to "insert damsel here", and the less said about the rather worryingly codependent relationship between Edward and his daughter the better.

Not that any of this was stuff I really minded in game terms, since I generally took A blind legend's story as more a framework for it's exploration and combat, since damsel rescue gives a motivation for the journey (albeit a heavily hacnied and cliched one), and the daughter was basically a walking set of audio cues, which was oen reason the game didn't really have much effect on me over all beyond being a fun excuse to hear some cool audio and wollop some monsters boppit style big_smile.

As to all of that "distinguishing reality", and "how did you feel", I couldn't entirely get where the survey was going there, particularly because as I said, I didn't really take A blind legend that seriously as a game anyway.

Still, as I said, if this study helps sighted devs get away from some of the stereotypes that cinematic audio adventures always seem to use, the  blind character constantly reliant on vocal cues from someone else, the so called "exploration" sequences basically just involving turning and following those vocal cues and footsteps, and the combat always involving the player just waiting and reacting to incoming swipes in a fairly standardised boppit like fashion, in short, playing a character with very little agency or effect upon the world, all the better.

Btw, I'll also say I did actually enjoy A blind legend as far as it went, and though I wish it had gone father, that didn't stop me enjoying what was there.