Re: The Synthizer Thread

The thing that lets you read buffers from memory will technically let you do it, once it's implemented.  Also see this issue.

There's some room for being able to generate audio, but I'm not going to go crazy with it because the point of the library isn't generating audio.  If you want to play with writing synthesizers or something, I recommend looking into csound or faust.

After 1.0, there will be some components for e.g. playing a sound that repeats on an interval, which is different from looping because the interval needn't match the buffer and they can overlap.  And probably one for triggering it without building a generator.  I don't know what other pieces.  On the one hand yeah it's a game library, but on the other hand audiogames wanting to do stuff like build radars means there's at least *some* room for those pieces.  But I haven't scoped any of it, and any asks right now are going to be answered with "ask again in 3 months".