Re: problem with my new computer

Ok so for information, this will be how the hp bios update works.
You probably turned it off during the update fucking up the bios.
You probably don't know or are not used to the phases of the update.
1.  you update and are told to wait.
Your speech will stutter and go bad and your fan will race like crazy, wait till that stops, then hit update when asked though you probably did that allready twice.
Wait till the system auto shuts down because it will say so.
The system will restart.
Now here is the tricky part.
Not sure about the screen but the fans will race and the system will not respond.
Its ok, just wait 15 minutes or so.
During this time the system will run, with a racing fan, shut off, run with a racing fan, shut off, run off quickly twice, run with the fan racing for a short time, shut off quickly then run then stay running.
After this is done, depending on the system assuming laptop.
Turn it off, take out battery if it has one and remove all devices.
If its got an internal obviously don't do that, hold the power button for 20 seconds to flush the firmware chips and ram then turn on.
If nothing happens after a second you are probably in an os menu so press enter then the system will be fine.
On a desktop at least when I updated a prodesk.
Run the update, it will transfer and then it will shut down.
The system will reboot and its done.
If you havn't updated before then yeah thats a problem.
Ages ago I had a friend have a drive issue, and corrupt his system.
I got him to run the steps he had to generate the noise he heard that had him needing to turn off the drive screwing up the os.
It was scanning and reinstalling dos fixed it.
Unlike windows, I didn't need to reformat to reinstall windows and didn't lose anything much bar the dos configurations.
I did have thanks to a computer geek that got things for business an updated dos version so he got an upgrade.
So let it run it will run itself.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : fredd via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : fredd via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : gorvachov13 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : fredd via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : fredd via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : fredd via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Boo15mario via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : fredd via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Ghost via Audiogames-reflector