Re: I am affronted by the presence of god

@90, man, I can barely imagine what you and your family must be going through. I can only hope for it to end soon, that too as painlessly as possible.
Brad wrote:
"I've suffered through bullieing, and family drama, but I don't deny an existance after we die because of that."
you don't need god for existence after death to work. The causality would suffice
I agree with @Jayde here. Clearly, god doesn't exist at least in the way all the religious denominations talk about, Hinduism included-that is the whole universe being alive and conscious-though I just can't outright deny there being a little possibility of that part. There might not be an objective way to measure it, but on a subjective level, the experience of many people over the millennia including that of @77 talk about the same thing, that is ego dissolution and perceiving everything and having no sense of me or myself at the same time. By the way, that does seem to be the essence of enlightenment, because that's where all  Indian spiritual traditions intersect in the end, Hinduism, Buddhism and Jainism, although the beliefs of course differ. Not only that, what Sufis call Muraqabah which culminates in Fanāʾ Fī ʾilāh, Christians call illumination, Zen calls Satori, Chinese call "one with the Tao' " appear to be the same thing, So it appears to be a universal human experience when you dig real, real deep inside yourself. Although it could also be just hallucinations cooked up by the brain, too. Because of course when you focus continuously on something specific for a long time you are gradually bringing changes in the neurons and weakening the habitual tendency of default mode network by stopping the wandering, monkey mind and, as this paper demonstrates, so Can't dismiss that possibility either.
Brad wrote:
"IF there wasn't pain and suffering in the world, guess what, we'd hate it here. If there wasn't drama, we'd hate it here, if there weren't causes to fight for or things to improve upon, we'd hate it here. If it were peaceful all the time; we'd quickly get very bored of life."
incorrect. If there was no pain and suffering in the world, then boredom too would not exist. Boredom is a toned down version of disgust which itself is a form of suffering.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : abdullah_mohammad via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : wing of eternity via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : wing of eternity via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : GauravSharma via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : GauravSharma via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : GauravSharma via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : targor via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : GauravSharma via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : GauravSharma via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : mastodont via Audiogames-reflector