The Ensign: A prequel to A Dark Room

Well, we didn't have to wait too long. I haven't played this yet but am going to after posting this. It is better if you have played the previous title A Dark Room first before trying the game. Official description:

Have to survive. The war's not over.

The Ensign is a Prequel to the critically acclaimed experience: A Dark Room iOS.

It is strongly recommended that you complete A Dark Room before playing The Ensign.

Words from the creator of The Ensign, Amir:
"I really loved traversing the Dusty Path (more so than balancing an economy and upgrading gear). This prequel is a *brutally* difficult rendition of the Dusty Path that covers the events directly before A Dark Room. I wanted to make a strategy game that had high replay value, as opposed to a game about discovery. Best of luck to whoever attempts this game. I imagine few will succeed in completing all of it."

Grab it for a dollar on iTunes.