Re: Are There Any Phones out There That are Right to Repair Compliant

Er. Guys.  It doesn't matter if right to repair passes in this instance.  Phones are a system on a chip.  The phone companies are certainly disinterested in making repairs easy, yeah.  But inside your phone there's basically one big chip with everything on it.  Repairing anything but the case/screen is replacing the device.

Sure we could make a repairable phone.  Same way we could make a repairable computer.  But in both cases, a lot of the modern efficiencies especially around things like battery life and size are coming from not being repairable.  SO your repairable phone is going to be way bigger and have way less battery life at best.  By all means buy that if you want, but it doesn't exist because consumers don't want it, not because right to repair isn't implemented in law.  The best you're going to get is "yeah we can replace the screen and buttons", right to repair laws or no.