Re: where can I learn python? the basics.

Ok, so to clarify my statement: a pyd file is a binary in the same way that C is a binary.  When you use e.g. Cython Cython translates to C, then compiles the C code.  They're just dll files with some special functions and a different file extension.

You can decompile them but you're going to get out assembly, not something that will let you get back to Python source code.

The only thing you can do with them that's interesting is import them into a different Python and call the functions they expose, but this isn't enough to do anything particularly unique.  Everything that can be done that way with respect to cheating can be done by any of the various cheat programs out there already.

I would be more worried about security and trustworthiness of who's on my team than I would about unauthorized forks through decompiling anything.  I would be willing to bet that most unauthorized forks are someone walking away from the project with a copy of the source and not enough morals to prevent themselves from doing it.  This can be solved through paperwork if it's that much of a concern: an NDA and something that establishes your project as a work for hire is enough to shut that down hard as long as you can prove someone is using source code from your project, and also makes sure people have to tie their real names and addresses to it, which allows you to take action.  Whenever I get far enough that I'm doing closed-source projects, this is what I'm doing; I wish I didn't have to, but people around here have proven that it's necessary over and over again.

Obviously that isn't a thing those of you under 18 can do easily and you do need a lawyer and a couple hundred bucks to get a template for it set up, so you should only give your most trusted friends access. If this is a concern.  it's also important to remember that only very new and immature programmers are interested in making an unauthorized fork: it's terrible for your reputation, loses you all the trust, looks bad if it ever makes it to your employer, and if you have any degree of skill and the time to do an unauthorized fork you'll just do one of your own instead of all that.

Or, instead of all that, you say "this is going to be $0" and make it open source and encourage collaboration.  I don't know why most of you don't do that.  You can't properly collect money until you're 18 and are prepared to do the necessary paperwork to pay taxes and generally figure out a little bit of accounting.  Presumably, at that point you're beyond these concerns.  If you're going commercial without it, you have a bigger problem than forks called "what if the IRS finds out and makes me pay backtaxes with penalties?"

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : amir tajik via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Dragonlee via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Dragonlee via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : devinprater via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : amir tajik via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : amir tajik via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : mazen via Audiogames-reflector