Re: Golden Crayon Asset Replacement Project

Hi,
I get where most of the anger is coming from. A lot of you are just tired of me. I don't blame you, at all. But I know just as anyone else should know, that flooring someone just because of their mistakes is not going to help them solve them, especially if the mistake is fixable, which is what I'm trying to do. Things like this are a community effort, and I don't have the ability to pay for libraries at this point in time. I'm not a good sound hunter, and I don't know how two look in the right places, even when reading the list of compiled resources in the developers room, I can't find any good quality sounds in those areas.
However, stating that I should take the labor myself is like saying someone should carry a car on their back without a truck. There are several sounds that are in Golden Crayon, and I shouldn't have to be the one to replace every single sound in the folder on my own. Especially since I don't know what I'm replacing is even legal or not, because not all sounds have metatags or data to prove so. It's best to get help from the people who know that the sounds which they are contributing are actually able to be used without problems like this arising, because some people either record sounds or are actually good at hunting for free sounds with those compiled resources, which is not my strong suit. I can design sounds, I have decent experience in doing that, but I can't find them.
But I've learned a few things just by the original designers stepping forward and claiming their stolen assets. I want people to know this. I have never been copyrighted for anything before. I will say this right now. I don't even know what it is like to actually get a copyright claim of stolen content. So I wasn't expecting this. I will be honest, and people are free to attack me for this, but I saw everyone using  the same sounds, so I assumed that those sounds were okay to use, and I started using them. I had no idea what their original source was, but since everyone else was using them, my automatic assumption was I should be able to use them too with no issues.
But now that I know that's not the case, I will be trying to fix this with people. People are allowed to contribute sounds or replace the stolen assets.
And hopefully by doing this it can help not just me, but also Golden Crayon, to become a better game.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : titan_of_war via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : GrannyCheeseWheel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : GrannyCheeseWheel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Wilson via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Wilson via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Wilson via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Wilson via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : GrannyCheeseWheel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : tunmi13 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : GrannyCheeseWheel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Omar Alvarado via Audiogames-reflector