Re: Paladin of the Sky, new full length audio game RPG

Spoilers/comments ahead

Well, I think I'm oficially frustrated.  I am stuck at the tower of truth sequence and here are my characters stats.

Ross: 35 impact, 170 strength/defense, level 85.
Kelly: 14 impact, 231 strength, 45 defense, level 77.
Cesel: 22 impact, 207 strength, 138 defense, level 69.
Gabriel: 18 impact, 71 strength, 72 defense, level 65
Shawna: 13 impact, 195 strength/defense, level 65.
Lucy: 20 impact, 38 strength, 195 defense, level 65.

I understand my stats are all over the map accept for ross/shawna.  I spent most if not all of the game until now leveling up ross

including finishing tower of fear floor 2 with him.  I did this because I figured like some j-rpgs, the main character would eventually

become a decently balanced character for all situations, looks like I might have been wrong.

More on tower of truth sequence.  Does your characters current level perhaps factor in to when they are CPU controlled?  For

example, ross I am sure is overleveled for this area of the game.  I know I have to work on upgrading everyone else but is that high

leveled ross now being CPU controlled?  I understand when games have you fight your own party, the CPU is usually challenging but

they have lowered stats to what their actual level is at the time.  Also, complete game over if you are defeated?  I don't really consider

this a boss but more of god or the god like force testing your characters out.  With that being said, perhaps when you die, the voice

can say something like "You must care for your friends more to discover the truth" and return you to the entrance of gods palace or

the tower itself.  I reload before I die but maybe I should go and explore the ship for a while.

I wanted to try to get everyone up to at least level 100 but if I keep doing so, I am worried ross will just get harder.  Are there any

other times further on where you will fight your companions?

I know this is suppose to be considered an RPG but I would perhaps change that to puzzle/rpg especially because of the dragon

scrolls and some of the puzzle like battles.  I also unfortunately cannot recommend this to beginning audio gamers at this time.  The

demo perhaps but not beyond it mostly because of the scroll timing and other aspects that don't match with traditional J-RPGS.  If

veteran gamers are frustrated, I would think a new gamer would be 10 times as much.

I am 100% still writing my walkthrough because this is still a great game and even if someone is reading a step by step guide, they will

still have what might be an enjoyable challenge with scrolls and other things.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Chris via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Trajectory via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Trajectory via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : kelwl via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Chris via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Trajectory via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Chris via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : BlindJay via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Sean-Terry01 via Audiogames-reflector