Re: Inspecting Elements with Chrome

@3: exactly, and my solution works, at least in chrome. if the element has tabindex=-1, simply moving to it with arrows and clicking inspect element will focus that element, because the attribute makes any element focusable, even headings and paragraphs without links.
I am not sure why the value is -1, I just saw this trick somewhere else, and successfully tested it. It's true, it doesn't allow focusing with tab, but with arrows, it works.
@4, your solution is easier. Glad it works for you.