Bluetooth Audio Receiver Problems With iPhone12

Hello,

So I recently downloaded and installed the bluetooth audio receiver app from the Microsoft store. As I understand it this app will let me play audio from my phone to my PC, like a bluetooth speaker.
However, upon connecting to the phone through the PC's bluetooth settings and accepting the pair request using my phone, the phone stops speaking audio and goes quiet. I assume this means that the connection is active, however when going into sound mixer on my PC it doesn't show up, and the audio doesn't play through my PC either.
Is anyone else having this issue? If so, how did you fix it?

Thanks,
Matthew