Re: Migrating to NZ

Well, I'm not from Britain, and of course can't know better than you what the situation is like there, but I'm sure you will find places in Britain  that are transgender-friendly. Do you also have any basis to prove that New Zealanders are friendly to these issues, and most importantly, I feel, do you know if the support in general for people with visual impairments in New Zealand is better than in Britain? I might of course not be able to sympathise with you enough, since I personally do not have to cope with these issues; however, knowing that Britain is a highly developed country, though not implying that New Zealand isn't, I would think in advance before making a decision to leave.
Personally, as I have stated in my previous posts, I came from Albania to Germany through an Erasmus scholarship and then fought like a vicious evil dog to find a way to stay here for long. I sent so many applications to different companies; in fact, there were whole days spent only sending applications and looking for different jobs or Apprenticeships. Some people from the International Office of the university where I'm studying, upon seeing that I was eternally persistent, decided to support me into including me in integration courses and offering me other services that I needed. This move from my home country, my family and friends, I made only for independence, freedom, and more career opportunities. Albania is a highly run-down, corrupt to the core country that doesn't have the least support for people with visual impairments. I couldn't accept the fact that all my efforts and energy that I had spent studying and doing other things to integrate myself into society would turn into dust after I would leave those institutions called school or university. It's totally different when you're at school and when you meet reality and at one point, I felt it was the time to make a move. Well, the chance came, and I didn't want to lose it, despite the persistent calls of my family not to go abroad since I didn't have any skills then to live independently. Back in Albania I had a really loving and happy family that was equally supportive to every member. We were also financially safe. My brother is an electrical engeneer and he has two well-paid jobs. Along with my father, they install electrical systems in different buildings. It's a quite challenging job for both, but it brings good money in the end of the day. They didn't have a registered business or firm, so no taxes or anything. My brother works also for the state as a manager at an electrical substation and with two jobs, we had a really good income every month. I was also at university at the time I left for Germany, and we have an increased disability allowance when taking a study programme so that we can be better supported. We also didn't have to pay anything for housing since we bought our house in 2001. With that income, we were really making a good life. But things had to move on and I felt my home country was not a place I deserved to be, since despite the good support I had from my family, the support I would have in the outside world would be strictly limited. It would take so much time for me to find a job, I would not really have so many opportunities to use my full potential in diffrent activities, and in the end I would feel down and frustrated, and with many what ifs.
However, I don't think you are now in the same state and circumstances that I was when leaving the country, and this is the primary reason why I am saying consider the chances you have in Britain before deciding to leave.