Re: Implementing TAS support into BGT game?

I would just plain avoid relying on speech/audio timing entirely. Possibly use frames instead of timers. If it's really important that audio finish playing, avoid having frames pass while this is happening if possible (you couldn't get away with this in anything with graphics, but it should be possible in BGT).
If TTS is involved, record at the slowest voice rate you can stand. If laggish audio is likely to be inaccurate to frame count, delay as long as possible (but I think loading sounds is serial, so I'm not really sure if playback on its own does that much lag-wise?).
And if you haven't already, try to implement something that keeps frames as even as possible. You'd want to keep the framerate no higher than it needs to be (I wouldn't go any higher than 50FPS, but you can probably get away with as low as 20 before anyone notices.).

I wonder if someone shouldn't just implement an FPS clock?
... Ah. Then I went and did it in the post before I remembered you could probably do it better.