Re: Looking for insight and recommendations.

Hi,
Thanks for the exposure. I'm looking forward to this.
I have to agree somewhat with Dark and the others, although I also spend time playing mainstream games like mortal Kombat, using the stereo sounds, gamefaqs and other online sites to help me learn fatalities. I'm noticing, lately, that the Audiogames market is moving toward a more mainstream feel, Swamp has become this huge audio MMORPG of sorts.
There are also more single player rpg titles, thanks to our japanese developers who showed up in the last few years. Sorry guys, you know what's coming, you know I love these. Time for an explanation!
It's interesting that before then, most of our single player audiogames took around an hour, if that, to beat. Then, Bokurano Daiboukenn 2 came along. Someone made an addon which made it possible to translate with one keystroke using a screen reader called NVDA, and the game suddenly became a hit, taking a relatively simple, 2d beat-em-up style game, and making it upwards of fifty hours to beat the main story, which contained twenty five levels and an actual storyline. Then people started to discover secret weapons and got their weapon stash up to around fifty or more, all of these weapons made different sounds. To top it off, at some points there were over fifty enemies nearby all making sounds at once in later levels.
Bokurano Daiboukenn 3 followed up with that, with an even greater challenge, more puzzle elements, flight, stealth, and a lot of unlockable content and secrets, it even added platforming into the mix, so imagine fifty or more enemies all at different heights, or imagine you having to find an objective at a very specific set of coordinates, and if you fell you had to start over because you couldn't get back. Later levels are incredibly chaotic in this one, and it even has a new game plus style of mode that makes you lose your equipment, but lets you set a difficulty to battle stronger monsters, all the way up to around level 1000, and even that has to be unlockd by beating other difficulty levels, believe me I tried clicking it and it told me as much, the replay value in this one is rediculous, I'm talking around eight extra difficulties, and there was even an online minigame mode that recently got added, and again, it can only be accessed once the main story is beaten. It was a 400 MB download right off the bat which for an audiogame is huge, and that contained the full single player campaign, then updates started to roll in. This is all for free, even the original download. We call this the BK series.
Shadow Rine is also another popular japanese rpg. You can explore, Zelda style, and gain skills. The soundtrack in this one is also cool, and it contains multiple endings, and quite a lot of puzzles and confusing maps. This one is more mainstream like than the BK series because it has save points, and you have to travel around the world instead of just moving on to t he next stage. I'm still stuck in this one, but I've heard that there is endgame content once it's all been beaten.
There are also a lot of iOS titles which I find enjoyable, the text-based releases from Choice of Games (such as Zombie Exodus, Choice of the Dragon, Tin Star and the Heroes Rise series to name a few) giving a lot of replay value. I also enjoy the games from Somethin Else, Papa Sangre 1 and 2 and The Nightjar, and am looking forward to the upcoming Audio Defence game. Another exceptional game is called A Dark Room, which is more about discovery so I can't really say much without spoiling it.
Regards,
Aaron