Re: Possibly Seeking Code Help

When I say that I have previous experience, I'm referring to the creation of a combat model. I did not code it, not at all; I knew a bit of how it might work, but I don't know programming near well enough to be anything close to useful, except to generally be aware of what does and does not work.
My browser-based game Tarranoth, which has sadly gone to that great database in the sky, would've been a really good way to show what I'm capable of, numerically. Suffice it to say that I got a lot of firsthand experience working directly with a coder.
If you work with me, you'll be working with someone who doesn't code but who does generally understand the limitations this medium presents. You'll also be working with a team player who's open to ideas, and a person whose work ethic is top-notch. I won't give you shoddy material to work with. I won't make up bogus mechanics for one function that only ever gets used once or twice. I'm in this to create a good solid RPG that players will like, and which will offer unique challenges. When I brainstorm, I don't just go "You know what would be cool?" and then expect someone else to go through the scrap pile to salvage the bits that will work and the bits that won't.

To answer your question about platforms, I personally am familiar only with Windows, but cross-platform support would be lovely. I do intend that this be a PC game, not an IOS game, however. I'm okay with mac support if that's possible, but I don't wish to create a genuine IOS project here.
Regarding tools...I'm not sure here. BGT was used for Paladin of the Sky and it looked pretty solid, but if something else (or combinations thereof) could provide equal or better experience, I'd be happy with those.

At least to start with, it is probably best that the game use SAPI or some kind of synthetic speech. I can worry about voice-acting whe n, and if, this takes off. I'm not talking about a two-dungeon audio game though...this would be the sort of thing that might take players a good twenty hours to finish, and that's if they know what they're doing.

If you have further questions or comments, I welcome them.