Re: Some speech synthesizer questions

Kenzon Yeoh, okay below I have created a question and answer reply to your message in post 1 as best I can answer them.

1. Can we use the SAPI5 version of Microsoft Sam, Mike and Marry on windows7 instead of the SAPI4 ones?

Absolutely not. Those versions of Mike, Mary, and Sam were specifically designed for Sapi 5.1, and Windows 7 comes with Sapi 5.4. So they are no longer compatible with the current implementation of Sapi. I'm not sure what broke, but whatever the reason it is installing those voices can and will mess up your Windows 7 Sapi install.

2. Is there other speech synthesizers that can sing other than DecTalk and Laquendo? I know Eloquence can, but it doesn't seem to sing fluently.

Yes, there are, but I don't know much about them.

3. Is there a 64-bit version of willow pond tts speak window? I have a 64-bit windows7 machine only and I would really like to give this a try, since it sounds so fun. Can anyone help me with this?< /p>

Not that I am personally aware of, but I am not a user of that particular program so wouldn't be in the know if there were.

4. I also heard Microsoft Marry, Mike and Sam sing. Can anyone show me how to make them sing?

Sorry, can't help. As I recall that was a demo of those voices in Sapi4, and I'd need to look into this further before offering up any answers.

5. Can we use other voices available in Microsoft's SAPI4 engine containing Microsoft Mike, Marry and Sam with SAPI5? What I mean is the robo soft voices, the Microsoft Marry-Mike-Sam in space-hall-stadium etc ones.

No. Sapi 4 voices are incompatible with Sapi 5 text to speech programs unless the program was specifically written to support both versions of voices.

6. Can we use SAPI4 voices with JAWS13 64 bit on a windows7 machine? I saw a detect SAPI4 synthesizers button in the voice adjustment dialogue box, so I thought I would ask.

Not sure. You would have to give it a try. I am not a Jaws user so am not the right person to lend assistance with this issue.

7. Why does the SAPI5 version of DecTalk sound so different from the original?

I am going to assume here by the Sapi  version you mean Phonics Talk 6, which use to be Dectalk, that was a major rewrite of the TTS engine to add foreign languages etc and in the process the classic voices got screwed in the rewrite.

8. OK, now I have another question: can we use real speak solo voices on SAPI5 for windows7? And if it is possible, can anyone give me those as well? Especially Semantha, Tom and Daniel please?

Yes, it is possible. In order to do it I had to modify the setup/installer for the version of the Realspeak voices that came with Jaws 9, but it is possible to install them on Windows 7 and use them with Sapi 5 applications and games. The catch 22 is you need my installer, and I feel uncomfortable of redistributing it here on the forum since it would be a breech of the Jaws software license agreement since I had to illegally modify a few things to make it work, and if you do not own a license for Jaws 9 and the voices I couldn't redistribute them anyway.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Kenzon Yeoh via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Guitarman via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Kenzon Yeoh via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Kenzon Yeoh via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : roelvdwal via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Kenzon Yeoh via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Guitarman via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : tward via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Kenzon Yeoh via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Kenzon Yeoh via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : FamilyMario via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : FamilyMario via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ammericandad2005 via Audiogames-reflector