Re: UltraPower

Well I am a trifle late on this one.

on the payment issue, to everyone who said "there should be a demo" I do not agree implicitly. Demos are a nice thing to have it is true, but they are not necessary.

Not all games on Ios have demos, and many mainstream games do not. What there does need to be is adequate information to give the player the idea of what the game is like. If there is to be no demo there does need to be an audio trailer and ideally a very good description.

Look at Ticon blu as a developer who has worked this out well. The intrinsic purpose of a demo is to give your players an idea of what the game is to be like, grab their interest and hopefully persuade them to fork out for the full version. If you don't have a demo you need to do that with your game description, your website, and your audio.

This was not the case on the soundworx site. Therefore, while I don't disagree with charging for the game without a demo, I wo uld very much suggest better preparation before you do rather than just going "hay here is my game it is an fps, go and buy it"

I would also suggest you think carefully about what exactly your offering your customers. Right now there is a single map and people can shoot each other with infinite amo. That is fine and a good start, but realistically when a person could spend the same 5 usd and buy papasangre, it really won't be enough, not when road to rage is free, so you might want to add more features and elements into the game before considdering accepting payment.

This isn't to say don't charge for the game, however either A, considder carefully what you are giving people and then charge for a complete game, or B, if you need donations to complete the beta, ask for them streight off!

I do not myself agree with the many people who stated that "if it is a beta it must be free" there are various commercial peaces of software whi ch are charged for which are still listed as Beta precisely for the same reason you gave, that while they had been tested on several machines there may still be bugs, heck even with complete games or other peaces of software there is usually a short bug fix release just after the full public release to fix some issues, however again you need to considder how much your giving people for their money.

So, I do wish you good luck with the game and as Assault freak and jayde said, you likely have a good concept going, however it probably needs further development before turning into a full audio game, commercial or otherwise.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : severestormsteve1 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : border1 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : in the bag via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : assault_freak via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : potterspotter13 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : roro via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : manny447 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : manny447 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : roro via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : connor142 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : guilevi via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : connor142 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : nin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : connor142 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : brad via Audiogames-reflector