Re: an idea i had in regards to audio description

There are actually descriptions already, written for several things, for example I am currently watching the avatar the last air bender series and reading the  scripts from http://www.avatarspiritmedia.net/index.php if you edited those you could create some pretty good descriptions, and there are film scripts around elsewhere online.

There are however two problems I see with this.

Firstly, when audio descriptions are written and narrated by people like ncls agency here in Britain, the descriptions are carefully timed to fit in between the dialogue. This however would be far more difficult with a synth sinse it'd be very dependent upon what you had your screen reader's speed set to. Remember, sub titles appear as people speak.

Secondly, I personally dislike just! hearing the audio with description sinse I'd always prefer to have the graphics and see what I can get from them . If I can get graphics plus description that is very awsome, so this probably wouldn't help me personally if you couldn't run it with a dvd or other video file.

I actually wish that when people like blind corners produced those descriptions they could give you a little time at the start and then tell you when to start the dvd sinse it'd be relatively easy to start the two together and then turn the dvd playback sound down so get the pictures and descriptions at the same time.