Re: martial arts discussion

Hello there fokes,
I'm trying to choose what martial arts suits me, but my family members keep saying "You're blind, you can't do it" or something like that. It also doesn't help when I'm still 14 and am the only one whose blind in my family... Anyways, I have a few questions to ask:
1. Wasn't martial arts dangerous? Well, you can hyrt yourself pretty bad when you spar with another, and often times that's what happen. So I'm trying to ask whether this is dangerous before trying anything.
2. Do you spar with blind people or sighted people? If you spar with sighted people, how do you manage to? I mean, they can dodge our attacks and then counter it since they can see, so I thought I'd ask.
3. How do you predict your apponent? For sighted people this is quite easy. They could probably dodge a blow as soon as they see that it is coming. But what about for blind people? How do you know?
4. Which martial art s is the most safe for blind people? Probably Tai Chi, since its more relaxed and all, imo. But then again I don't know.
5. The teacher - well, some teachers don't know how to manage with blind people... I wonder how you guys cope with it? Or do you find a teacher that knows how to handle us?
That's all for now. Thank you and best regards.

    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : shuteye via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : blindlord via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Haramir via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Kenzon Yeoh via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : robjoy via Audiogames-reflector