Re: Favorite sports? favorite teams?

Well, weather or a not a team has a good winning record doesn't have much to do with fan loyalty. Of course, if they have a winning team it will make them more likely to become a fan, but its more about team spirit, the hope of winning, than actually winning itself.

For example, my local NFL team, the Browns, have an abysmal win/loss record. Last year was definitely a bad season for the team. That doesn't seem to effect the number of Clevelanders willing to turn out for the games, who wear their Browns memorabilia during the season, and route for them all the same. After all, there is always a chance that the current season will be better than the prior ones and so the fans keep on hoping for a championship season regardless of how likely it is.

I certainly don't know the answers here, but I am pretty sure there is more to loyalty an fandom than just mere winning and losing. For some, I suppose, it is the need or desire to support the home team no matte r if they win or lose.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : champraki via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : shuteye via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : champraki via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : shuteye via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : champraki via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : champraki via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : tward via Audiogames-reflector