Re: MTG Studios older projects released

Moderation!

I appologise I've had a rather bad cold recently and am getting round to reading these topics a little later, however I do feel a spot of clarification is in order here.

severestormsteve1 wrote:

You're right, I haven't the right to say anything and everything here on this forum. For instance, I cannot say slanderous, profanity, racial, or anything explisit.
What I can say is my opinion.

Actually Steve you are directly incorrect here, go and read the faq, you can Find it here

What the forum rules actually say is that you can say whatever you like as long as you don't do so in a way so as to offend others. Obviously racial, gender  etc slanders would be offensive, but that is by no means the only form of offensive behaviour at all.

If I were to hold for example the opinion t hat I disliked a certain developer, ---- say David Greenwood for the sake of arguement, there is a major difference in me saying "I think David Greenwood is a worhtless developer and his games are a joke, he's just in it to extort money from the audio games community and he should stop developing"

And me saying "I Am not certain David greenwood's latest releases have been up to scratch and I believe that his motives are questionable.

Yes, you are correct that you are free to hold whatever opinion you wish, however it is the way your opinions are being expressed that is the issue here, rather than what your opinions actually are. This is part of the rules of intelligent debate, always respect the person with whom you are disagreeing and put your opinions in such a way as to show that respect, so that it is clear you are disagreeing with the other person's view, not simply insulting them.

I will also add that the forum rules exist to promote discussion, and not to act as a shield for insulting views, and saying "well I can say what I like, so there!" is not what the rules exist for either.

As Aprone said it is the goal of the forum to promote a sense of community and shared discussion, not to give everyone their own personal soap box from which they can insult all and sundry.

I suggest Steve you learn to express your opinion respectfully if you wish to participate in discussion forums such as this one. On one previous occasion myself and the other moderators did have to ban a forum member whoo expressed his opinions in a less than respectful or subtle fashion and caused considderable trouble because of it. We definitely do not want to have to do this again, but we will if it becomes necessary, so please take notice of this warning.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : severestormsteve1 via Audiogames-reflector