Re: best audio player?

the best media player is one you can use with ease and almost feels like a seemless attachment to your computer experience, and that for me, without question, is foobar.  Instead of going into all of the reasons why you should get it and play around with it, I'll simply say that this is a question I don't think anyone can answer.  I'm generally willing to give any player at least one shot.  Winamp hasn't cut it for me since I discovered foobar, who's options and many other functions are available through well presented and customiseable context menus, on top of having the ability to assign shortcut keys to many of them, from creating playlists on the fly to batch converting and renaming files all in one go while listening to something else in the process, to switching between soundcards comfortably and quickly, and much more.  I'll never go back to windows media player, not because I don't want to, but because I doubt MS will ever produce something that will give me as much flexibility as foobar and keep it easy on me.  I've only vaguely heard of VLC , so I suppose I'm off to give this a try and report back to you all once I've done so, though that probably won't be for at least a week, given that I want to approach it with as much of a neutral and unbiased attitude as I can.  Since I've been swearing by foobar for the past 3 years and practically gave up winamp for it, I'll promise to let you all know if I'm sold on it, as it were.