Some thoughts on she noire

So, on the train back to my flat this evening I decided to start of She noire. I haven't finished the game yet, (I have just got to the part with the poison gas), however I thought I'd share some thoughts.

First, love the atmosphere and charater, very noire indeed! from the sort of harpsicord score to the mysterious life. I know some people cryticise the object hunting but I actually liked it, sinse it gave several portions of the game some quite needed interest and intensity. The one issue I have with the object hunting, is that sometimes the object you used weren't referenced in the searching, which made the solutions to several situations a bit strange beware! spoilers of evil spoilage below!

For example, the Juke box and strange coin just appeared in your inventory after you talked to the count. I'd have preferd if you saw the juke box in the description of the lounge, and found the strange coin while hunting. similarly, where on earth did Sop hia get that secret password to open the pannel?

This keeps happening through the game and is a trifle frustrating, for example when you are in the armory and trying to get into the cabinet containing the experimental weapon, suddenly Sophia has a pass from somehwere!  the starting audio track of Sophia introducing herself cut off slightly, so I do wonder if some audio is missing, or maybe I'm just not paying attention.

I didn't mind the many objects to pick up when searching, sinse the search gave some idea of the investigation and unlike all those bits in the first Inquisitor where you must just put a couple of things together and listen to Eymerich solving the puzzle it did give you an idea of progression. Indeed to me it didn't seem sophia was picking up the objects so much as she was just taking note of them and investigating her environment in more detail like any good detective, however it was a bit frustrating when I went through the cell So phia supposedly having been captured and having lost all her gear, me wondering how a rag, a clock, some stale bread, a newspaper and the various other things in the cell would be used by her to formulate an escape, ---- yet she seemed to still have her lock picks from somewhere! eh?

This makes the plot feel probably more disjointed than intended, and gets in the way of believing Sophia is the sort of super police officer  or assassin and high tech cat burgler that your supposed to think she is.

Apart from this I am liking the game for it's ambience and the mystery elements, and I look forward to seeing what this Opophis business is and how the count and his wife's murder fit into things.

Btw, last I checked the Egyptian snake God who was destroyed by Horus was Set. Opophis was the dragon who attempted to swallow the sun during the hours of night and who Rah battled on his way back to earth, and wasn't connected to Set, ---- or at least that was the idea I got although I'm no expert in egyptian myths.