Re: A really good Dr. who related Youtube series

Well even if it was the time war, it's rather weerd and all too late given that the Moph retconed the time ar because oooh will someone please think of tthee children! (sorry but that plot point really gets up my nose given how much prominance the Time war had in the new series).

I also have never seen this tendency before the twelth doctor either, sinse doctors 9-11 encoutnered plenty of soldiers, and only tended to object to the ones who were actually doing bad stuff like Torchwood 1 or the humans and Hath having their clone war in The Doctor's daughter. Hell, in Mophat's own episode "A good man goes to war" the main theme as far as I could work it out was that the doctor was supposedly going to war against the headless monks or whoever and inlisting everyone from the series as his army, ---- or something! So, what the hell?

I've got a nasty suspicion that it's related to that comment you saw about the young Doctor not wanting to j oin the army on Galifrey, ---- which is just wrong on so many levels!

Indeed if we go meta a for a second here, I wonder if the Moph, or the bbc has some sort of political agenda here, sinse in the last few series we've seen the Doctor go to war, and there was all that stuff about "demons runs when a good man goes to war" or whatever, work for the British airforce, and now we have a companion who's supposedly been inAfganistan and has killed people, and is making out to have been a social outcast because people don't like soldiers.

I bet even the time war will play into this with the recognition that the Doctor in retconing Galifrey's destruction actually destroyed the Daleks and insured victory, this combined with the "three women over ride democracy" message from Kill the moon is politically heading into a very sticky wicket, especially for the Doctor who has always been an absolute libertarian and against tyrrany whether econom ic, political or religious.

Of course I could be reading too much into this and it might just be a bad writer plucking themes out of the air and sticking them together irrispective of whether they fit or not and trying to embue them with a false sort of gravitas in place of actual character development.

After all it wouldn't be the first time something gets pulled into New who just because the show runner thought it was a good theme, like russel T Davies the Atheist deciding to suddenly make the Daleks have a religion and start spouting off about blasphemy for no reason, something which really didn't sit well with their usual modus operandi of species hatred, ---- not one of Russel's cleverer decisions.