Re: AudioQuake Beta Release

Beta 2 is now released. Our announcement follows. Enjoy. smile

Thanks for all the feedback, particularly on the forum, on the first beta!  We've made a number of improvements to this in light of your feedback (though we've not been able to squash all the bugs you reported -- we are working on it!)  Here are the changes...

  • You can now launch a server and a remote console session from the Launcher.

  • We've a "key to the sounds" document on the Launcher menu.

  • We have included the old documentation for AudioQuake 0.3.0.

  • All documentation written by us is in HTML format now, so should be easier to navigate.

Please note that the old AudioQuake 0.3.0 documentation has not been updated to take into account the new Mac/Window s release, nor the new GUI launcher, so please ignore the parts about installation, the old command-line-based launcher and anything to do with Linux (for now). We are working on updating the documentation as soon as we can, and would suggest that if you're totally new to the game, you wait until we've been able to done that before playing.

Please remember that AudioQuake was and is a research project and not all of the Quake levels are very accessible -- however a number are, and a number of accessible multi-player levels are provided, as well as a server.  Most importantly, we are working on updating and including the Level Description Language (LDL) with AudioQuake ASAP so that you can make your own maps for the game.

Please keep the feedback coming; we're doing our best to address the issues and make improvements.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : connor142 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : stewie via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : fatih via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : speeder via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : stewie via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : stewie via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : stewie via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Sebby via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Sebby via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Sebby via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Sebby via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Sebby via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Sebby via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Arabic two thousand via Audiogames-reflector