high level playing in ultra stree fighter 4

Hello gamers.
So, I bought u s f 4 recently, and got all the basic functions of the game down.
I want to adjust my gameplay and wanted to ask, if someone knows how to get furter in the game.
My playing consists more or less on button mashing, mixed up with some special moves.
Are there any tricks on how to advance in the game?
I would love to hear from you.
Greetings Moritz.