a proposal, jaws lite shareware by freedom scientific

I sent this to Bryan Carver at Freedom Scientific.
also brian, in comparing jaws to NVDA, it seems like NVDA does 80 to 90% of what jaws can already do. I don't understand why charge $1000 or more for a screen reader when the same functionality has already been made open source in NVDA and orca? Why not lower the price of jaws so it is more affordable by getting sponsors such as large companies to fund jaws development, rather than relying on the end-user to fork over $1000 or so just for one copy of jaws? If only I had a tallent for programming I could probably enhance NVDA OCR so it could read pdf files, also give NVDA a jaws-tandom sort of feature. As it stands I looked at the jaws 16 demo at least. and until I can afford jaws I will be submitting several NVDA tickets asking them to duplicate pdf reading, command search, flexible web, and to keep working on office support for NVDA. I don't understand why freedom scientific insists on what seems to me to be an ant equated business model. but I'll keep the jaws demo around for reading pdf files. at least until NVDA gets that feature. Also if freedom scientific wants to discourage people from cracking their software, change how you do business. offer more affordable options. What about people in India, Iraq, Iran, costa rica, and other third world countries who are in worse off shape than I am? You would deny them the opportunity of screen reader choice because Jaws is way way way out of their price range and probably always will be unless FS changes? I really like jaws for its great office support, remote ability, pdf reading, and ability to be installed over a network. But those are four things. As I see it jaws has only 4 advantages over NVDA. Also inside info from NVDA developers I learned they are working on math support. The more I think about it ok so I'm paying $1000 for 3 or 4 extra features maybe 5? OK be patient and NVDA gets math support and maybe pdf reading as well. How can I justify to the lions club that I need a thousand dollar screen reader to give me 4 or 5 extra features that NVDA doesn't yet support?
I thought of another way I could legally gain access to such features. Could Freedom Scientific make a jaws lite version? make it shareware. take out what end-users don't really need. remove script manager, and remove frames manager, remove eloquence and replace it with an ESpeak dll and speech platform. I'm a user and support provider, If I need scripts I will pay for them. If I want eloquence I could buy it separately for $40 from freedom scientific. same with vocalizer using jaws lite shareware. Jaws lite shareware would include jaws tamdom center, but it would not include jaws     tandom direct. Also jaws lite shareware could be installed over a network but only on up to 10 maybe 20 clients. Jaws lite shareware supports dongles, also to get rid of demo messages every 90 minutes pay $2.00 to get 3 or 5 autho rization keys. There are no SMA's for jaws lite shareware. But you can only get updates with update manager by authorizing by paying $2.00. otherwise if you want updates you need to go through the hastle of downloading and installing them from the website itself then remove the old jaws lite shareware version once the new one is installed. Jaws lite pro would cost $10 to authorise. Jaws lite is perfect for people in third world countries who need jaws right now and cannot wait on agencies, lions clubs, or others to provide it for them. Jaws lite is perfect for those who need jaws right now and who can't afford to wait to save up money for 6 months. For just $2 for jaws lite home or $20 for jaws lite pro you can have the power of Jaws in your hands right now! Don't crack jaws! get jaws lite! Don't crack jaws and risk damaging your system, buy our new jaws lite product! If you want phone support for jaws lite shareware it will cost $30 per incident. Scripts as in n ew scripts made by others can be installed into jaws lite shareware but scripts cannot be modified. the full script manager would cost $100 as an add-on. I, and many others would like access to jaws now, not in six months, and not only those of us living in countries who can afford it. Why charge for the script manager? think about it. We have NVDA. if I really wanted to try scripting assuming I had the patients for it I would practice using NVDA, contribute to them first. and then I would download the shareware jaws lite maybe take awhile to read the scripting manual and then buy the jaws scripting manager as an addon. So the question remains. Does freedom scientific want to stop people from using cracks? Why do people use cracked copies of jaws? Because they want access to features NVDA does not give them, network installs, pdf reading, remote access, great ms-office support, flexible web. Brian, I could very easily go right now and get a jaws crack. I know where to get them and I 'm sure you do as well. But I'd rather not do that. Please will freedom scientific just give me what I'm asking for? I want Jaws Lite shareware. Brian, I will post this email on several public forums for others to read. I hope it stirrs up interest and will revolutionise Jaws. Fs can keep jaws home and jaws pro at normal prices for those who need everything, that is all the features for as big a business as you have, no restrictions. oh also jaws lite shareware will only give you 20 OCR ability per windows session then reboot for more. To get more If you want unlimited pay $2.00 to authorise jaws lite. If you can think of any more things for jaws lite let me know.

thanks,

Josh
On 11/3/2014 10:56 AM, Bryan Carver wrote:

> Hi Josh,
>
> One thing that comes to mind after reading your email is that you could put $30 away for 6 months and then purchase a timed license, and keep doing that.  After you purchase a certai n number of timed licenses, we will allow you to get a full license.  I have also copied Hal Knight in our sales department in case he knows of other options or programs out there that might be able to assist you.  A couple of things come to mind, first, I know the Lions Club and light house for the blind assist folks with obtaining JAWS, and I also know people have turned to their church or a family member who can put it on a credit card, then you could pay them the $30 per month to pay them back.
>

> I commend you for wanting to do the right thing.  I would strongly advise against downloading and installing  a cracked version of JAWS as it is not only illegal for the person who created it, but for you as well.  Also, it could and has caused harm to computers it is installed on.  Not to mention it would definitely disqualify you from working for Freedom Scientific.

&g t; Best Regards,