Re: a proposal, jaws lite shareware by freedom scientific

afrim wrote:

Jaws works only for making money? [[wow]]! I'll just say that if freedom scientific didn't exist, we'd not probably be able to navigate on the internet like we do today.

You are not reading very well are you?

No one here has asserted that FS only has one motive for the Jaws screen rreader.

What some have argued is that FS is a business, and that some of FS business practices and pricing are neither ethical nor sustainable from the standpoint of a person with a low or modest income.

Personally I have only pointed out that I don't expect FS to be an altruistic actor, it's after all a business, and I am sure that if the product line wasn't profittable it would be discontinued.

I think that your implication that we ought to be grateful for giving a company an opportunity to profit off the misery of disabled persons is quite insulting.

We haven 't elected to be born blind, and just because it's legal to profit from the reality that accessibility is not a universal requirement in society does not mean that we morally should act like an indentured servant.