Re: Using Seagate Backup Plus as internal drive?

Well given that ESata is essentially a normal SATA cable with added shielding and a connector which has been altered in order to prevent internal SATA cables from being accidentally used externally I'm guessing they probably took half an ESata cable, half a normal SATA cable and spliced the two together. Wikipedia claims the two are "electrically compatible" even though the physical connector has been changed specifically to be incompatible.

I'm sorry if this wasn't what you wanted to hear.