Re: Demons

hi turtlepower17,
Most antivirus boot cds run within linux,  which iliminates the possibility of a talking install.  Also, reformating and reinstalling the  operating system completely defeats the purpose of my malware business.  Anyone can reinstall windows.  My goal was to remove all malicious software  and get the pc back into a usable state.  This is not always possible of course,  however, it usually is. Not being able to run combofix is a major setback too. Combofix would be my major offensive tool against malware. If I cannot run combofix my last resort would be a bootable antivirus cd. Another reason scanning the hdd externally is a bad idea is most rootkits patch the windows kernal.  Deleting any of the patched files will result in the pc becoming unbootable. In this sinario there are two solutions.
1. find a clean copy of the patched file and replace the clean copy with the patched copy.
2. run combofix (combofix will clean the patched file)
due to the problems I will face   in this field, I cannot do this job without someone reading the screen  In severely infected pcs.
maybe in the future, ıf I have the opertunity to see, I might think about this job, but for now, I can only clean malware off friends and family member's pcs
or people who are willing to read the screen