Re: jaws 16 beta: death of screen reader innovation illustrated

On To a mixture of Freedom and GW Micro/AI things now...
Yes, Jaws For Windows has taken over the payment plan that GW/AI had earlier, and hopefully the 90 day monthly pricing isn't terrible. I agree that besides the Math ML thing, Freedom got some catching up to do honestly with adding real features. Back to the Window-Eyes happenings, you can now read the read me for beta one and future betas at:
http://gwmicro.com/beta
If you check out my Guess What Thread , a fairly nice discussion is going on bout the beta too.
Will Narrator one day replace Jaws, Window-eyes, and even NVDA? It truly is a big possibility that it can. The key  is for more people to use it, spread your tips and tricks for what works and what doesn't at the time, and once scripting and Braille Display support  comes to Narrator in Windows 10, teach folks how it works, and how it can be used your daily life.
Unless Jo Stinecamp does the podcast series first, the name he gave it, was called: "Nothing But Narrator." It would be cool for a podcaster to start a series on Windows for the blind, featuring Windows Phone, Windows PC, news on Windows from a blindness perspective, even getting people from Microsoft to interview on the show. If Narrator is indeed coming to the XBox, I would like to hear how that would work!

As for me, getting a Chromebook for Christmas, but that's all I'll say here about that, and create a separate  thread.

Keep well folks, keep well!

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Aminiel via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Victorious via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Aminiel via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Aminiel via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bryant via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Trenton Goldshark via Audiogames-reflector