Re: Schools for the blind, training centers, and how they perform.

Well, you attended the school in nineties but in those years the term "computer" didn't exist in Albania. I mean the modern computers, which run windows OS and we used only windows XP. Although I never got used to it cause I had a computer running windows 7 at my home.
We also had some assistants who helped and told us when to go to school, when to have shower and even when to go to bed. Also, there were a very funny "salary" which we got by the end of months. They used to give us like "4 dollars" but here is another currency which is almost equal to dollar. But however it was never enough and it couldn’t meet our needs for even one day. However food and dormitory were gratis. You may have used some brail writers which were modern and may have worked using electricity, but we used some type writers who made a lot of noise. In all normal schools here teachers don’t know to use brail and some other teachers don’t even know what is brail. However some teachers on my high school asked me if I used brail. As I said before, they didn’t have special knowledges how to work with a blind student, but they acted through their common sense and they are doing this not bad. They try to describe in the way they can, regarding to the subject they stand for. Sometimes it works and they try to do the best of them and I really thank them in advance cause they are helping me more than the teachers in the special school of blinds who were specialized to give lessons for us.
But fortunately I don’t have to do with subjects which require site because I study three languages so far.
But I admit that I suck at maths. We should use a brail display or any other brail reader to perform equations. This does even stand for physic and chemistry.