Re: How do screen readers work when there's a console and a normal window?

Returning to this thread since I'm looking for more information (though I should probably change the name of this thread).

Does anybody happen to know anything about UI Automation or Microsoft Active Accessibility? I found the documentation but they seem to be rather complex (I could be wrong), so I was wondering if somebody here could give me a hint as to where to start looking into.

Also if somebody happens to know the Linux equivalent (I think Gnome and KDE have some way to talk to screen readers) that would be nice, though if not I'll probably try looking into it later anyway.