Re: how to transfer music between ipod and iphone

Is all the music on your iPod purchased with Apple, or in iTunes Match?

If it isn't, you have no choice but to use a tool which delves into the folder structures of your iDevice to retrieve the media files. There are quite a few of these, but since I only recently started using Windows again, I don't know which one to recommend.