Re: Is coffee mud still being used?

Coffeemud is interesting.  It is still being used by some people, but there are very few muds open with it.  Being on top of the JVM is not a downside, nor is using Java (even if I cannot stand the language, personally), but the code can be...ugly.  It does make hosting a little harder, but not impossibly so.  I think the major downside though is that it leaves literally nothing for you to do as a game designer-if we had a bunch of Coffeemuds, they'd all be the same.  Think of a spell or ability idea, and Coffeemud probably already has it for you.  And players know this because of all the other muds who didn't, so turning them off isn't really a good option either.