Re: getting started with torrenting

Hi,
@frastlin
Let me see if I can help with some of this besides legalities of course, as I am unaware of the laws that exist in the US and the EU countries

Utorrent, Bit comat, bit torrent (I haven't used this one) and many others are torrent clients that let you upload torrents and download them from websites like kat.ph or anywhere else that offers torrent files

These torrent files are nothing but a file containing information about the files that its assigned to. then using p2p you get the bits and pieces from other users to get that same file on to your computer(this is known as leaching), during this time you also upload the bits and pieces you receive to other users who need them. then when you have the hole file, you can continue to provide it to other users as you have a complete copy and you continue to provide the same file to others, you become the seeder of that torrent.
Its a bit early for me in the morning though, so sentences and ex planations may come across a bit skewered. big_smile
A seedbox is a service that downloads torrents for you, seeds them and can also provide you with a way to download those files to your computer using ftp and other methods which do not involve using the torrent network, good for countries where torrenting is frowned upon.

a vpn as far as I know, will hide your reale ip address from other people who are leaching and seeding a torrent that you are doing the same to, although I could be wrong here as I haven't read about them or used them before.
BitTorrent Sync is a dropbox like service as explained above by someone, but I do not think it can be used to download torrents as you can with utorrent and other torrent clients. This too, I haven't used before and can't comment on

Hope that helps some.
grryf