Re: A thinly supported theory

Ghorth, I definitely agree with everything you brought up. and any way I can help out on future projects, I would love to. Helping design and test a game has always been a goal of mine, and I'd love to contribute. I will say though... about side scrollers, I don't necessarily agree on the fact that we have tons of them. A great quantity, sure, but many of them are just the same game with different premises... I think the side scroller genre has much left to explore which many audio games haven't covered yet. Bokurano Daibouken 3 set the bar for me in terms of 2d side scrolling action platformers, and I think many audio games haven't even come close to the amount of freedom and the size of the stages in that game. But of course, comparing that game iwth 3d freedom of movement as you were talking about is a little different. lol But I still think there are many things to be done with side scrollers. A true beat em up in the style of final fight hasn't even h appened yet, and Bokurano Daibouken 3 has shown that a game of that style could very well be possible. haha.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — AG-News room : Dark via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — AG-News room : karneisada via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — AG-News room : Dark via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — AG-News room : Dark via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — AG-News room : GhorthalonTheDragon via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — AG-News room : aaron via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — AG-News room : Dark via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — AG-News room : GhorthalonTheDragon via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — AG-News room : assault_freak via Audiogames-reflector