Re: My Swamp-based platformer, now with less bugs and more levels

[[wow]], it's been over a year since I updated this? I sat on the Sub3 level for way too long.

Today's update (get it here:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/16520690/2DTest.zip
) includes the following (and possibly things I've forgotten):

- You can save and load your progress from the main menu. This does not save your location in the level, which will doubtless result in lots of screaming at how I adapted Ranger Park.
- Fixed a bug with allies aiming. They might be a little more effective now, so I reduced their clip size.
- Added The Behemoth.
- Added Tentacles. They try to drag you to their favorite Behemoth. If there is no Behemoth, they turn into Flayers.
- Explosive weapons. Grenades can destroy objects that use the breakable type. A couple of the new levels demonstrate this (I forgot to add it to the last two levels... Hmm.).
- When you pic k up ammo, the game tells you what you found.
- Redid the prizes for the slots minigame so that they're a little more diverse.
- Added Raiders!
- Added levels that mostly correspond to Sub2, sub3, Multi3 and multi5 in normal Swamp.
- Tried to fix some sound bugs, especially with allies (If I managed to have them at the end of the reverse LMS, sometimes they'd be surrounded in flies!). This did not work as well as I'd like--Zombie growls still don't die when you kill the zombies, and I have no idea why.
- Added a Mario/BK3-style cursor, for what it's worth. Hold control and use the arrow keys to move it. It's kinda hard to hear, but it can help find ledges if the wind sounds aren't clear enough.
- The bug where Dogs, Matriarchs and Tyrants sometimes appear and disappear around you has hopefully been fixed.

I wanted to add a pair of swinging platforms to Ranger Park, but I couldn't get them to stay on their tr acks without adding a special case just for them, so I changed them to the dreaded vertical platforms.

Something I never really set up for you to discover, but kept showing up when I was working on the Sub3 map: the Sledgehammer has a lot of vertical range. So if a zombie is standing on a platform out of normal attack range, but not too high, you might safely whack them with the hammer.

There are a few hidden things and overly frustrating platform challenges lying around. You may have found two of these in the Multi1-based level. I decided Ranger Park totally needed something like those (though nothing as annoying as getting out of the fort).

I wanted to make the minimum number of zombies in the later levels higher, but never got around to it. I'll do that if I ever figure out the bug with zombie growls outliving their zombies, I guess.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : CAE_Jones via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : CAE_Jones via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : CAE_Jones via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : CAE_Jones via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : cruiser destroyer via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : CAE_Jones via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : sswwaaiikkee via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : audiogames . net fan via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : CAE_Jones via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : sswwaaiikkee via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : revan via Audiogames-reflector