Re: Be My Eyes - new app

Hi all.
Thanks so much for all your comments.
I have pasted the comments and my answers below:
I read about this app on Applevis. My first thought is, I really hope nobody uses this app to cross the street.. please just don't.
Both blind and sighted people really have to use this app carefully. Use your mind. Tecnically, you could use the app to cross the street, but this would be extremely dangerous. The picture could cut off, but the worst thing is that if the blind user doesn't hold the camera right, the sighted person can't see it all. If something is left out of the picture, the sighted person might not be able to even say that the blind user should turn the camera. So, please, don't bring yourself into danger and use this app with your mind.

The article mentioned that as one of the potential uses, and I visualized the accidents immediately. I think this could be handy though, maybe more useful than TapTapSee where you might wais t one of your pictures on a bad or blurry image. Would this work with a pay by the minute model? I have Google Goggles and Red Laser which are meh and awesome, respectively, for scanning text and barcodes. But I can see this app being useful for color matching, thermostat reading, can you see where the post man left my package? Oh, it's behind the bush? I think people would use it, and I hope they'll support it just as enthusiastically.
Yes. The app can be used for all what you're mentioning. Just move the camera very slowly around until the sighted person have got an overview and is able to tell you where to move the camera to be able to see more.

I had a 404 error when trying to visit the first link.
Hmm, weird. It works great here. Please let me know if you still are getting the error, and I'll look into that. I have just tried to click the link and it works here.

But what happens if no volunteers are available at the time you want to us e the app? Isn't that essentially why Solona crashed and burned?
dude, that will never happen. We already have more than 1000 volunteers. When people from other places than Europe starts to join, then we'll slowly get people from all time zones.

wish twere available for android too.
Please click the link to the site, and press the link if you have an Android phone. Then, we'll get a notification on how many who are using Android, so we can make a priority on when we can make an Android version in the future.

I can see this being used more with wifi, not necessarily when out and about. I am wodering if anyone would help me with reading menus on screens and things with this app.
If you're having a good 3G or 4G connection, the video will work. It works quite good depending on the connection.
Yes, you will indeed be able to get screens and displays read by sighted people. I have done this with huge success many, many times. I have re ad small displays on recorders, computer screens, the dsplay on my washing machine, my tv, playstation menus, my surround receiver and many more displays. This works so great so you'll never imagine the result before you've tried this. smile

Well I just tried it out. I got a husband and wife (european by the sound of it) who helped me find the colours for my business merchandize. It really does work. didn't take long either.
Thank you so much for try the app already. Here at the beginning, you might expect people from Europe, mostly here from Denmark, who might not be pro at english. But if they take the call, they should at leased be able to understand and speak most english. But we'll get more volunteers who speaks the different languages when more volunteers from more countries joins the project. We hope this will be much bigger than it already is in the fut ure.
Again, thank you for all your comments. If there is anything I have forgot to answer, then please let me know. I hope some of the other guys from the team will create an account to help by answering questions, but I'll answer so many questions as I can, and if I get any questions which I can't answer, I'll let yu know, send the questions to the rest of the team, and let you know as soon as I have the answer.
Thanks for reading, and I hope to see more questions soon. big_smile

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Theo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Chandu via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : paddy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : harrylst via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Cinnamon via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Rory via Audiogames-reflector