Modern PCS breakout rewrite

Looking at the recent discussions about old DOS games I decided to look back into getting some sort of accessible dos emulation going. In the meantime, while trying to figure out why dos screen readers don't really automatically echo anything I pooled out the various games I have for it, breakout being one of them and after playing it for a while I thought why not remake it for newer operating systems? Well, since I wanted to get back into programming
I decided to go for it and this is the result
The name of the game and the modes are the same because I couldn't really think of anything better. All of the 4 modes are in, gameplay is pretty much unchanged. Compared to the original it has 15 walls vs 13 as well as background music, plus a few more audio queues to show how well you're scoring. I also changed the bust through mode a bit so you can get some bonus points if you can aim well so you can expect to get higher scores than in the original.
There is a readme included if you've never played the original breakout before. Also, if you find any bugs, let me know, it's my first programming project in a few years and it's my first program in pure basic so there's probably something I've missed. Anyways, hope you have as much fun playing as I did making this.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : pitermach via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : staindaddict via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : janagirl via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ogomez92 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : pitermach via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : pitermach via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Adel via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Phil via Audiogames-reflector