Re: accessible mud clients and games?

Accessible clients:
Mushclient
(windows) (Mushclient, MUSHclient version 4.92
Written by Nick Gammon is a very very good client. It has an incredible amount of functionality support, from stuff like adding your own sounds to client-side aliases, triggers, etc, all supporting lua code, which really isn't all that difficult to learn. It has some pretty nice soundpacks, including the alter aeon soundpack (called mush-z), one for god wars II, and another for Prometheus. It has a wide range of plugins that you can get with the mush-z soundpack, like tts SAPI and tts NVDA, output functions and one that lets you save the output to a notepad file, mushreader (which you  need for connecting to any mud, apart from the ones that already come with a customized mcl file. e.g: mushz already has a set up alter aeon file.) and channel history, which is the bases for setting up history support using alt left/right arrows to toggle through channels and alt 1-0 for the messa ges. It's very good for pretty much anyone, because you can slowly learn about all the different features it has. In fact when I started mudding with mushclient I didn't even know how to use client side aliases.
-vipmud:
Definitely not my favorite, and the fact that you have to pay for a full version while all other accessible clients are either free (and have more features) or cheaper, about the only thing going for it, I feel, is the easy-to-access output for any mud. It also has a number of preset connections, and doesn't need a lot of upkeep across muds, which I guess is pretty nice too.
Gmud32
(windows) This is a very neat client, it's the bare bones and so is useful for pretty much anything. It's at least decent (and free), but I can't give a lot of hands-on review on this one, I've never played it much. I think you need something to make it compatible with jaws, but it definitely works.
Monkeyterm
(windows) Monk eyterm is a really good client, with lots of well developed soundpacks and scripts, like the alter aeon ones.
tintin:
(For Linux) Great client, a huge amount of blind support, and several soundpacks. I think there's also an advertising feature that displays different mud adds when connecting, so it can be useful for finding new muds. I don't use Linux (although I wish I did, a lot of the time), so I can't really give much feedback on this.
MudRammer:
For the iphone. I can't really say much about it, but the best you're probably getting out of this is a glorified chatroom. I really only ever find it useful if my internet dies, I don't have a laptop with me, etc. And even then, that's a stretch.
Note: I think it's pretty much agreed upon that mudding with a mac is a very difficult thing to do, especially as a blind player. I honestly can't help with this, the best you're getting might actually have to be telnet .

muds:
Alter aeon is a hugely accessible one, and the one I started mudding on.
There's also the inquisition on the rp side of things, gw2, which is a pretty awesome mud because of the combat system, and there's pk (although this really doesn't happen much anymore, the playerbase just isn't large enough to support it without massive trolling.)
There's lost souls, for people who want a real challenge, or just crack their skull open on a rock. That being said, it's truly amazing the kind of stuff the mud lets you do, and if you follow the wiki like a bible and get the hang of the game, it's really fun.
I personally don't like the IRE stuff all that much, but that's just my personal preference.
Seventh plane, although I wish the playerbase was bigger. There's awesome crafting, the classes are pretty well developed, and although there are no real constant updates, Lyanic drops pretty major updates (major a s in, entirely new classes/systems) every couple years.
There's hellmoo/inferno, on a completely different part of the spectrum, with flying vehicles, the ability to craft a huge amount of stuff with recipies, customizable "clan" areas (I think you can even make flying bases with traps and stuff).
I personally don't like muds for rp, I find muc/mush/moo are better at providing a more in depth experience, but there are exceptions.
Anyways I could make this list go on for hours, but really your best bet is to fish around mudconnector/top mud sites, and you're bound to find something at least mildly interesting.
Have fun mudding!