Re: Swamp, zombie FPS by Aprone

Aprone i have a question i think you can answer. then i have a few observations. you might want to grab a popcorn and a soda, this might be a long post.

okay, to start with the question.  when putting points in to say hunting mastery, for example, each point adds 10% more damage to the guns. the Winchester well will say does 100 damage. this is only for example's sake and i'm only using it for easy math. does this take 10% of the original damage and add it on to that base of 100 every point? resulting in growth starting at  100 and going to 110, 120, 130. etc. with every subsequent point. added into the skill? or does it start at 100 and takes 10%, of 100, 10, making 110. then when you put another point in it would take 10% of 110, 11, and add that to the base. resulting in 121. and if you put a third point in, it would take 10% of 121, 12.1, and add that on to the base. resulting in 133.1.
the first option is a linear model and the second is more of an exponential model. basically compound interest that you earn in a bank account, if i lost anyone in the math above.
i guess my ultimate question for this part is which model best describes the damage growth of the weapons when you put points into their categories?

now on to a couple observations about normal vs hc.  i noticed that when in hc, most of the special items on map, the crate sounding loot, are dog tags.  i'd say for me it seems like its about 95% are dog tags. the other 5% beeing broken weapons and the like, but i have no numbers to back my findings up. however, when in normal mode its the exact opposite. i'd say it not quite perfectly flip-flopped, but broken weapons are about 75 or so percent, if not more,  of what you will find. aprone, why is this so. normal mode has no use for dog tags, so honestly, we probably shouldn't even find them. furthermore, either we should be able to use more tags, see my post above about raiders not respauning, or the percentage of tags vs special items should be lowered significantly. i'd personally say we could use both of those, but you're the final boss Aprone.
i hope you all are still with me. i got one more thing. an interesting point was brought up the other day while  chatting on swamp. it was noted that other player's footsteps sound about 2-3 times faster than your own. not that they are moving that much faster, it just sounds like it with how the footsteps sound. is there a reason for this? is it a bug? i think it might be to help us distinguish between players and zombies, but i don't know. any thoughts Aprone?

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : welshweyr via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : olivia5678 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jfayre via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : revan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : sswwaaiikkee via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : fa1ckg via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : criticview via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Kyleman123 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : fedai via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : fedai via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : cruiser destroyer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : pitbull via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Hayri Tulumcu via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : CAE_Jones via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : CAE_Jones via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : truecraig via Audiogames-reflector