Re: Super Airik the Cleric Now Available

All right, folks. I'm not best pleased, and I'm just going to have to hope I'm missing something kind of obvious here.

I downloaded my game this morning. The download took a bit, but that's okay. It was a .zip package, which I promptly extracted.
When I opened the unzipped folder, I found a lot of other folders, plus an Airik.exe file. Running this executable provided a bunch of issues.
First of all, I was told that a particular .dll file was not installed on my computer, and that the game couldn't properly run. Despite this, I got the intro bit where Dark is talking about pressing Enter or Control to start or continue a new game, respectively. I hit enter, and was able to wander around Airik's room a little bit. I found the door, but couldn't open it for blood or money. I could not interact with the bed, either, although I did have both Scout and the radial scanner working.
I read the manual, and it told me that I could use the desktop icon to play the game. Well, that would be great and all, but this game doesn't actually appear to install anything. If there's a way to actually make it install, rather than just hitting airik.exe and going from there, I'd love to know, and the manual needs to mention this.

I'm really hoping I'm missing something obvious, because if I'm not, then this means that a supposedly "thoroughly bug-tested" product has not, in fact, been bug-tested.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jyro22 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : brad via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Sean-Terry01 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : avidgamer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Adel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Sean-Terry01 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : avidgamer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ambro86 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Adel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jyro22 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jyro22 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jyro22 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Tikki via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Sean-Terry01 via Audiogames-reflector