Re: Super Airik the Cleric Now Available

Okay. After a bit of fiddling, I've managed to play a good chunk of the game. Below I'll note some issues I've had. None are bugs, I've got to say.

First, an issue, but not necessarily a bug. Sometimes when I bump a wall, I get no sound and no announcement. This usually happens if I'm changing direction, and has led me to get confused a couple of times. I sometimes miss doors or other things this way.

Second, a design decision. I don't find that c-key radial scan all that useful, as if often tells me what's beyond walls and doesn't actually give me a representation of what's where. It does tell me - kind of - if there's a sky crystal nearby, and that's cool, but that's about it. It's gotten me confused a few times too.
Concurrent with that, I really liked being able to scan in a direction without having to move. Many many times I've had to tap an arrow to look in a given direction, but rather th an just turning, Airik moved - and died - because I was trying to scan for how close a jump was. That said, I kind of wish holding F and hitting an arrow key would scan in that direction.

Another thing I'm not sure is a bug or not...but enemies seem to pop up out of nowhere sometimes, even when killed, and you don't know when you're hit until your health is announced. There's no attack sound, no collision detection of any kind on our end.

One thing that I wonder about: when you heal in a bed, is your health supposed to go back to full? If so, it's not working. This makes the game a little harder, and I'm fine with it, but if it was intended to heal and save at the same time, the heal feature is mysteriously absent.

Now, for a couple of straight observations:

Guys, if you get into the game and are able to play it, you'll notice that the boss fights are cleaner. It's definitely an improvement. You'll also notice that area navigation is a little cleaner, and for those of you trying to remember exactly where everything was in the last game...think again. Things are close, but it's not exact. I don't know if it's me, but everything feels...smaller, particularly in dungeons. I've only just beaten the second boss and explored a little of the cove, so I'll write back more if I find anything's particularly odd later on.

Tikki, it took me a bit to figure out, but you can definitely get fifteen crystals before you finish the cave. In fact, you have to in order to hit that floor switch.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jyro22 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jyro22 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jyro22 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Tikki via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Sean-Terry01 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jyro22 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Adel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : avidgamer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : pelantas via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Adel via Audiogames-reflector