Re: Three Monkeys

All right, pledged £80 a while ago.
Would pledge even more if only I could afford it. Part of the reason I pledged such a relatively high amount, at least for an unemployed totally blind person, is that I would really love to be able to help beta test the game, so I had to do that when this is the official way. The other part is that I simply have to see this game completed, and would do everything I could to help make this a reality.
An audiogame comparable to the Final Fantasy series, or just an audiogame of any genre in general with similar audio quality and complexity, has always been one of my biggest dreams. And even if this was the first and last audiogame of its kind ever finished and released, it would be well worth the effort. Not to mention that if Three Monkeys does actually succeed even on the mainstream level, it could serve as the base, as the starting point for other potential mainstream developers to start making games of a similar nature.

This really seems like it has the immense potential it promises, and that we've all been waiting for for ages. A concept demo or at least a gameplay trailer is in my opinion really vital not only for the visually impaired players but especially for the sighted ones, so that they would be able to judge the game's true complexity, nature and spirit in advance, but even the quality of the audio demonstrated in the Kickstarter video convinced me this was really worth the money, and left me desperately craving for more. :-D

I can't wait to see how you actually implement and balance the RPG elements together with the gradually evolving and twisting storyline and the realtime mechanics. One of my greatest concerns, however, is whether the game is going to present some real challenge even to a totally blind player who's had some experience with a few older mainstream gems (Tomb Raider, Resident Evil, Metal Gear Solid and such, and yes, I know each of these is of a different genre, but they're all certainly challenging, complex and engaging), and who's tried out about every single one of the different audiogames out there.
It would be somewhat bitter to see a game with a real story and such brilliant, beautiful audio take just a while to complete for someone like me. I do dare to call myself a truly experienced and demanding audiogamer who does have some comparison to the mainstream standards in terms of challenge and audio quality.

Will be watching out for every single piece of news on this one!
Thanks, and keep up the great work, guys!
Lukas

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ianmcnamara92 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : sswwaaiikkee via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : JaminEatWorld via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Douglas1 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ianmcnamara92 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : JaminEatWorld via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Douglas1 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : JaminEatWorld via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : lukas via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : lukas via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : lukas via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : JaminEatWorld via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Phil via Audiogames-reflector