Re: Three Monkeys

Mainstream AAA games do really have similar budgets, or sometimes even greater, I believe.
I was also under the impression that the team were much closer to release than they obviously are at this point, having closely watched all the social media discussions they shared for the last year or maybe even more, but if so much development still has to be done that the game is due for release only in Winter this year and they had to start this Kickstarter campaign in the first place, then it's not difficult to imagine the incredible loads of money that will have to be put into it in order for it all to actually be put together and succeed. Voice actors, loads and loads of the best studio quality sounds, music composers, gameplay, level and story designers, and I don't know what else.
I admi that I'm still somewhat ignorant about this field myself but I can still understand the reasons behind such a seemingly high budget. To me personally, the high goal set actu ally makes me confident in the game's true ambitions.
Mainstream companies working on such huge titles tend to have several dozen people working on different areas of the game together to build the finished product the end users get into their hands.
After all, remember what the game is comparing itself to, the Final Fantasy series. That's something of a feat for sure. :-)

Lukas

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : lukas via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : JaminEatWorld via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Phil via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : lukas via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : lukas via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Douglas1 via Audiogames-reflector