Re: Reactions to action: Movies

Hello,
I love them. Godzilla 2014 was really good for sounds. The transformers movies have nice sound design too. I also enjoy Batman Begins and it's sequels, the marvel series, wreck-it ralph, the lone ranger's finale sequence, and most definitely Tron Legacy. Of course there are the usual hits like Star Wars and such for sound design, those lightsaber duels are very fun to listen to.
I'm sure there are many that I'm missing, but those are what I can think of off the top of my head.
Now, onto favorite sounds, very miner spoilers for movies follow so be warned.

In Godzilla, the initial reveal. The roar is well worth the wait.
The transforming sounds in, well, transformers.
Any lightsaber duel from Star Wars.
The disc wars sequences, and light cycles, in Tron Legacy. The grid itself reacts to a few things too around the track, most notab ly, there's a ramp sequence that I really like with game-like sounds.
Wreck-it Ralph: the sequences in hero's duty come to mind. I'm not sure if the climax had any actiony sounds, I think the final action scenes climaxes was more the music for me and the voice acting, but I can't really go into detail about that without spoiling it.
Honorable mention for a very recent film: big hero six. Very nice. The music, the sound design, just, yes. Also, I highly recommend guardians of the galaxy. I'll just say this to get people interested: there's a sequence set to the song Cherry Bomb by the runaways and it fits so well. Absolutely superb.