Re: extracting sounds from .dat files

@Cae, I agree on sound availability, it's not as if someone can just sit down at a computer and use a program to create high quality realistic sounds from nothing the way any graphic designer can just sit down and animate graphics.

This is why I personally look at gameplay over sound quality in many games such as Paladin of the Sky, indeed I do think your correct that some people get a little too precious about sound quality.

This isn't to say "Well it's okay to go and half inch someone's sounds without permission and use them for whatever" only that this is an area that needs a little understanding on both sides, both on the part of anyone who has! taken the time and trouble to create, buy, or otherwise acquire their own sounds, and on that of anyone who is on the hunt for sounds for their project.

Again, simply getting some discussion here seems like a plan.